Foundation of ESP
UJIAN TENGAH SEMESTER (UTS)
Semester Genap TA 2017 – 2018
Mata Kuliah : Foundation sof ESP
SKS : 2
Semester : 4
Sifat Ujian : Open Book
Waktu : 90 Menit
Kelas : 2016 B1 / B2/ B3/ B4
Program Studi : PB. Inggris
Dosen : Rissa San Rizqiya, M.Pd.
Choose five of the following questions and give clear answers.
- ‘The clear relevance of the English course to their needs would improve the learners’ motivation and thereby make learning better and faster’ (Hutchinson and Waters, 1986:8)
- Give three ways in which ‘relevance’ can be achieved.
- In what ways can motivation affect language learning?
- There are five stages of the development of ESP. Explain three of them.
- All language teaching should be based on learner needs. Thus in theory there is no difference between ESP and General English teaching; in practice, however, there is a great deal of difference. Do you agree with this statement? What differences, either in theory or in practice, do you think there are?
- In what ways do the interests of linguistic research and language teaching differ?
- What is the implication of knowing the difference of language learning and language acquisition?
- Explain the picture in your own word and give example in language learning.
- In what ways will an awareness of need affect an ESP course?
- A learning-centered approach to course design is complex and time consuming. Do you think it is worth the trouble?